You are Stonger than any Excuse! Fix that negative mental set!
My inspiration of the day.
We are not perfect. We all have good days and bad days, the goal is to hopefully have more good than bad as well as know how to pick ourselves up when it is "bad". Yesterday was: "I woke up on the wrong side of the bed" kind of day. I felt exhausted and did not have my usual motivation and "kick" in me. I was feeling very 'Debbie downer', which only increased my negative feeling because I was getting frustrated that I was being negative, but I just couldn't help it. I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about. Although, the realization of a negative attitude is great start to changing it, but now the question is HOW??
For me, I knew that a workout could cure my blues, I just needed to get myself moving. So I packed up my things and got myself to the gym. I ended up having a great workout by putting my energy into physical activity rather than negative thoughts. I used to not workout when I had a 'blah' day, but I've gotten to know myself and I KNOW that getting some exercise boosts my mood, and of course it does because of the release of endorphins & serotonin.
In addition, the random kindness of a stranger stopped me in my mental tracks and I took a second and thought, "wow people are really wonderful sometimes" and I bet this couple probably had no idea that they affected my day so positively.
Keep this in mind, when you feel on Cloud 9 because you too can spread your positive energy and may even turn around someone's day!
So my message to you is practice being in tune with yourself and be aware of your mental state & self talk. If it's negative, ask yourself why and consciously DECIDE that you want to get out of that place. Figure out what works for you.
Some Ideas--> I use many of these strategies
Take a walk or go on a hike--> get some fresh air
- Zone out to your favorite UP BEAT song, maybe let yourself go and DANCE, it can be a great stress reliever
- Spend some time and chat with a friend if socializing helps you
- If solo time benefits you, then do that! Spend some time alone, and try to silence those nagging thoughts
- Cook! ( something healthy, for good energy)
- 5 BIG deep breaths, the kind that go to your tummy
- Pamper thy self ( this can be anything that relaxes you and brings you to a happy place)
- Indulge in a favorite movie or TV show
- Find the pure good in the world ( playing w/ a pet or hanging out with kids)
- Yoga ( go to your local studio, at home yoga, in the park, at the beach)
- Take each task, one a time. Avoid overwhelming yourself with the long "To-do" list
- Get some rest! Too little sleep will only increase your stress
- Write down what is on your mind
- Find some Positive Affirmations that resonate with you, and repeat them to yourself or have them saved to your computer or phone to look at when you feel stress or negativity ** Make your own affirmation and add it to a picture of your choice, like my picture above. It helps me feel more empowered if I made it for myself.